At our last General Meeting February 8, 2017 I mentioned and attempted to explain the proposed by-law changes we will need you to vote on and approve at our final General Meeting on Friday, April 21st (right after drop-off at 7:50 am).
Here again those changes for your perusal along with links to our current by-laws.
- We are officially adding the following roles to our PTA Executive Board:
- 5th VP - Membership and Volunteer Coordinator
- Continuity Advisor (one role that can either be past-president, president elect or another advisor, depending upon our needs)
- Teacher Reps upon availability and desire to serve, we seek to have one classroom and one specialty teacher on the board each year, serving a one or two-year term.
- We are eliminating local dues, currently set at $2 annually. State and national dues will remain at $2.25 each = $4.50 because we cannot change this. This change will allow us to use online membership enrollment upon final approval by the Texas PTA this summer.
The proposed changes Snapshot Worksheet and a copy of the full by-laws can also be viewed in paper form on our PTA Bulletin Board near the front office.